The plc awards were founded in 1987 and are usually held every year in March. These awards are open to all those companies listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange – colloquially known as the “plc club”. The success of the awards has led to it being broadened out to include FTSE100 companies as well as the FTSE250, FTSE Small Cap and Fledgling indices. They aim to truly make it ‘the’ City event of the year and to allow all Main Market publicly quoted companies, of whatever size, the chance to be rewarded and recognised for their successes and achievements.
Once again, this year, they widened the criteria for each category to give full emphasis to ESG practices – covering well-known environmental issues, along with social issues and governance matters. Due regard was given to adherence to current ESG Best Practice and any demonstrable ESG policies that have directly impacted decision-making.
The event is attended by plc company chairmen, CEOs, CFOs, investment bankers, fund managers, analysts, IR executives, corporate advisers and pre-IPO companies.
The Event was sponsored by BDO in association with the London Stock Exchange and BlackRock and was compered by Louise Minchin and the after-dinner entertainment was provided by Sean Walsh.
Robin Bishop, Director at Perivan was delighted to attend the event as a guest of the London Stock Exchange.
The award categories and successful winners were:
- Best investor communication award – Britvic plc
- Growth business of the year award – Kainos Group plc
- Transformation of the year award – Spire Healthcare Group plc
- Breakthrough of the year award – Centamin plc
- New company of the year award – Haleon plc
- Transaction of the year award – Coats Group plc
- Tech business of the year award – Hostelworld plc
- Fund manager award – Richard Staveley/Rockwood Strategic plc
- CEO of the year award – Kevin Lyons-Tarr/4imprint Group plc
- Company of the year award – Telecom Plus plc