Planning events can be a logistical nightmare. There are so many things that can go wrong: delayed deliveries, lost merchandise, tech issues, etc. And even if everything goes right, it’s still a lot of plates to juggle, from finding a venue to hiring the right equipment to catering, RSVPs, and transport. So… why not leave it to the experts? There are a whole host of benefits to outsourcing your merchandise and event logistics. In today’s blog, we’ll be breaking down all the main reasons you should be outsourcing your events.
Marketing services: When should you outsource an event?
It’s generally agreed that the smaller your business, the more you’ll need to outsource events management. You may already have an events team ready to go. But that’s not to say all large businesses should handle events on their own. Outsourcing to experts in marketing services can have a huge number of benefits, regardless of the size of your company. It’s a way to ensure your events will run smoothly in every single area: transportation, tech, accommodation, PR, and bookings. Some of these aspects tend to be overlooked by even the bigger organisations. Outsourcing to experts will avoid that.
Outsourcing merchandise and events logistics: The advantages
So, let’s take a look at some of the primary benefits of outsourcing events.
- It’s cost-effective. This is one of the most notable advantages. Even if the upfront costs of hiring experts seem steep, it tends to work out as far cheaper than planning events on your own. On top of this, the company you outsource to will take care of the event far quicker and more effectively. Even if you weren’t saving a notable amount of money by outsourcing, it would still be worth the time and effort you would have saved your business.
- It’s more sustainable. Events can generate a lot of waste, impacting your ESG targets. Event specialists will source sustainable, recycled, and recyclable products wherever possible. They’ll be avoiding unnecessary single-use plastics and making use of efficient transport methods. Knowing that a product was made in a factory with a social audit and the materials used are recycled or organic means the product will not unduly harm the environment or the people in the supply chain.
- It doesn’t matter how large or how small the event; it’s going to take significant time to put it together. Most businesses don’t have that time, never mind the resources. If you’re against the idea of outsourcing events and you put that responsibility on your team, it could quickly lead to a drop in focus and productivity.
- Venues will also be far easier to come by if you’re outsourcing because of the access provided by your experts.
- Events experts have connections that would otherwise take you years to build. One of the most time-consuming aspects of event logistics is sourcing the right contacts and suppliers. The company you’re outsourcing to will already have access to those contacts.
- For events of a particular scale, you’re going to need to be tech-savvy. Events experts will be fully up to date on the latest tech- specifically, the kinds of tech that make events run smoothly. They’ll also have far more access to that tech.
Looking for swift, efficient event logistics?
Head to our Merchandise and Logistics page to find out more about our marketing services.