Raymond James to acquire Charles Stanley for £278.9 million
The US financial group Raymond James have agreed terms to acquire the 229-year-old City of London stalwart Charles Stanley which has been recommended to shareholders by its board.
The terms of the Acquisition which will be implemented by a Scheme of Arrangement and will require shareholder approval, values each Charles Stanley Share at 515 pence, valuing the entire issued and to be issued share capital at approximately £278.9 million. This represents a 43% premium to the stock as of the 29th July 2021 when the deal was announced.
Key strategic highlights include:
- The combination would provide Raymond James with the opportunity to accelerate growth in the U.K., the second-largest English speaking wealth management market; and, through Charles Stanley’s multiple affiliation options, will give Raymond James the ability to offer wealth managers affiliation choices consistent with its model in Canada and the U.S.
- The addition of nearly 200 Charles Stanley wealth managers would greatly accelerate the growth of Raymond James U.K.’s newly-launched employee affiliation model while building on its market leading independent contracting and investment management platform services businesses.
- Charles Stanley would add approximately £27.1 billion (June 2021) in client assets, bringing Raymond James’s total client assets in the U.K. to over £40 billion.
- The combined businesses create operations with the scale to support expansion and flourish in a highly competitive and consolidating U.K. marketplace.
- Raymond James will seek to leverage the respective strengths of Charles Stanley and Raymond James through further investment in technology, infrastructure and back office partnerships to further enhance the firms’ already strong offering in wealth management and create benefits through scale, broadened expertise and enhanced solutions.
The Perivan shareholder communications team were delighted to work with Charles Stanley and their legal advisors Norton Rose Fulbright on the publication of 107-page Scheme of Arrangement document and associated voting forms which were successfully posted to qualifying shareholders on 25th August 2021 in preparation for the Court Meeting and General Meeting which are scheduled to be held on 16th September 2021.
Perivan specialise in the production and publication of financial documents relating to shareholder and investor communications for quoted companies, private companies and open and closed-ended funds.